Thursday, January 6, 2011

From Trawler to Motor-Sailor


During the summer of 2009 I purchased a sail rig for Ticaboo in St. Ignace, MI. The sail rig was in great condition and had come off of a 1976 Albin 25. When I started, what I thought would be a few weeks project, I found there were some major problems that would have to be dealt with.


The measurements, I had taken on the 1976 Albin, the sail rig came off of, did not match my 1970 Albin 25. Several very helpful people, took the time, to take measurements for me, off their early 1970 boats, with sail rigs, so I could get the geometry of the sail rig correct. Other helpful people offered parts I needed to complete the job.


Today a neighbor and I raised the mast for the first time. The sail rig I purchased was in excellent condition. After cleaning the mast & boom and all the standing and running rigging the rig looks great!


I am planning a trip to Lake Powell in the next few weeks and will post pictures of Ticaboo under sail, if the wind is fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment