Monday, July 30, 2012

Back on the GREAT LAKES

After driving some 4,000 miles and visiting relatives and friends in Colorado, Kansas, Wisconsin and Minnesota, we arrived at St. Ignace, Michigan on July 26th and launched Ticaboo, in Lake Huron.

For those of you have not been following my posts on the Albin Cruisers website, I now have a First Mate aboard.  I got married in December 2011 and my wife Mary is an avid boater.  Mary has owned two sailboats and she has already been a great help aboard.  Who would have ever thought I'd have a First Mate, who serves me hot tea at the helm, on a cool morning. 

We spent two nights in St. Ignace and had to sample some Whitefish, a specialty around the Great Lakes, that my wife and I love,.  We then moved on to Petoskey, MI and enjoyed everything except our "slip."  Our little 25' Albin was dwarfed by the "slip" and the huge "ships" around us.  If you look at the picture you can see we had to climb several rungs of the ladder to get to the walkway.

 We are now in Charle

No comments:

Post a Comment