Monday, July 18, 2011

Escanaba, Michigan

Ticaboo in her slip at the Escanaba, Michigan Marina. This is a well protected, man-made harbor, with a narrow entrance, off of the Little Bay De Noc, in Lake Michigan. I never have a smaller boat next to me but I've found everyone, on the marinas, to be very friendly, even the bigger boat owners.
Well I've been in Escanaba for several days and have enjoyed the rest & relaxation. There is very nice Marina Manager here and he has let me use a bicycle for free. This is "Swedish & Finnish country and the food in the local restaurants is fantastic. I have taken a liking to the Swiss Pantry Restaurant, about six blocks from the Escanaba Marina. They make fresh bread every morning and the smell is wonderful.
I have decided to depart Escanaba Marina this Saturday (July 23rd) and start south, towards the Door County Peninsula. The first night out I'll spend in the Cedar River Marina, which is brand new. Everyone I've met on the marina says you have to stay there and that the facilities are the best you will find on the Great Lakes.
From Cedar River I'll head east to the Peninsula and Sister Bay, on the north end, which again everyone says is a great place to anchor out, or spend a day, or two at the marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment